Islamic History Quiz. An attempt to increase the Islamic History awareness among Ummah, especially youth.
The History of Islam concerns the political, social, economic and developments of the Islamic civilization.
Islam is the second largest religion in the world after Christianity, with about 1.8 billion Muslims worldwide.Today, the faith is spreading rapidly throughout the world.
- The word “Islam” means “submission to the will of God.”
- Followers of Islam are called Muslims.
- Muslims worship one, all-knowing God, who in Arabic is known as Allah.
- Followers of Islam aim to live a life of complete submission to Allah. They believe that nothing can happen without Allah’s permission, but humans have free will.
- Islam teaches that Allah’s word was revealed to the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam) through the angel Gabriel.
- Muslims believe several prophets were sent to teach Allah’s law. They respect some of the same prophets as Jews and Christians, including Abraham, Moses, Noah and Jesus. Muslims contend that Muhammad (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam) was the final prophet.
- Mosques (Masjids) are places where Muslims worship.
- Some important Islamic holy places include the Kaaba shrine in Mecca, the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, and the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam) ’s mosque in Medina.
- The Quran is the major Holy text of Islam. The Hadith is another important book.
- Followers worship Allah by praying and reciting the Holy Quran. They believe there will be a day of judgment, and life after death.
Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam)
Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam) was born in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, in 570 A.D. Muslims believe he is the final Prophet sent by Allah to reveal their faith to mankind.